INSURANCE AND MEDICAID LITIGATION
From the beginning, our firm has provided strategic legal representation to insurers faced with coverage issues and alleged bad faith. We have an experienced group of seasoned coverage attorneys who regularly provide professional and cost-effective representation to insurers involved in disputes with policyholders. Insurance coverage is not a sideline in our firm. It is one of the pillars of our firm’s practice. Our coverage group has decades of experience handling complex coverage and bad faith issues and is focused on helping insurers successfully handle difficult and complex claims.
We represent insurers in a wide variety of insurance coverage disputes before federal and state trial and appellate courts and arbitration panels across the Southeast. We understand the local nuances while maintaining consistent positions for our clients nationally.
Our commitment to quality service has resulted in long-term relationships with our clients, some of which go back several decades. Our clients rely on us to anticipate all angles of a coverage dispute, to control costs, and to help them achieve their objectives.
We have extensive experience with all types of property and casualty insurance policies including:
- Commercial General Liability Policies
- Commercial and Personal Automobile Policies
- Excess and Umbrella Policies
- Homeowner’s Policies
- Professional Liability Policies
- Directors and Officers Policies
- Manuscript Policies
- First-Party Property Policies
- Builder’s Risk, Inland-Marine, and Boiler Policies
- Alternative Risk Transfer Arrangements
- Policies with High Deductibles and S.I.R.’s
A significant part of our coverage practice concerns evaluating complaints against insureds and determining the extent to which a duty to defend and coverage exist. Our lawyers have extensive experience with virtually every conceivable issue under both occurrence-based and claims-made liability insurance policies, including:
- Construction Defect Claims
- Late Notice
- Other Insurance Provisions
- Additional Insured Endorsements
- Personal and Advertising Injury Coverage
- Environmental Coverage
- ContinuousDamage Coverage
Our coverage group also routinely handles coverage issues involving both personal and commercial auto policies, trucker policies, and uninsured motorist coverage.